0 votes
1.3k views
by
Dear All.

I am playing around with the video player element and am thinking about hoe to implement verbose detailed logging. Ideally I would like to be able to unambiguosly log which video file was played. In case of embedded videos one could argue that the material anme would be sufficient, but for linked video sources it seems prident to log the full name to the linked file. So is that possible and if yes, how do I achieve that?

1 Answer

0 votes
by (14.5k points)
selected by

Best answer
Hi,

Linked videos store fully qualified file names internally, but there is no way currently to access it in the snippets. However, you can change the material name to a string that encodes the fully qualified file name somehow. You can not use the path characters in the material names but, for example, they can be replaced by underscores, like:

C_MYVIDEOS_video593_avi

This material name can be then accessed in the snippets  by the 'Selected Item' property of the Video Player element.

Welcome to EventIDE Q&A forum where you can ask questions about EventIDE software and receive answers from other members of the community

Categories

FAQ questions

Installation and License

Coding

Eye-tracking

EEG Analysis

Visual Stimuli

Runtime and Data Collection

Hardware