0 votes
by
I have a small query on design of my task. In the last event, I wish to have the participant press any button to exit the task. How I can do it?

1 Answer

0 votes
by (14.5k points)
selected by

Best answer

Hi!

First, I would like to mention that if an event has no outgoing routes (normally, it is the case for the last event), EventIDE just stays in that event forever after reaching it.

Second, there is always the global 'exit' key (Escape, by default) that aborts a running task at any moment. So, you can simply add an on-screen text in the last event, saying "Press ESC to exit the task". The exit key can be changed in the experiment properties available in the 'Experiment' ribbon tab

Third, you can use a runtime command to abort the task in code. To do it, create a proxy variable for the 'Abort Run Now' property of the Experiment object (via 'Experiment' ribbon tab). Then write this code in any snippet, e.g. in Triggered snippet of the Button element:

AbortRunNow=true; // invokes the runtime command of the experiment object

Thus, as participant presses a button, this command will be invoked by in the snippet of the Button element and the running task will exit to the designer.  

Welcome to EventIDE Q&A forum where you can ask questions about EventIDE software and receive answers from other members of the community

Categories

FAQ questions

Installation and License

Coding

Eye-tracking

EEG Analysis

Visual Stimuli

Runtime and Data Collection

Hardware